Canada is a leading nation that provides excellent career opportunities for natives and overseas nationals. Thus, a number of individuals prefer to study and work in Canada. Additionally, Canada also introduced a Canada Open Work Permit scheme that allows partners or common-law partners of temporary overseas employees and overseas students to work in Canada.
Canada Open Work Permit Requirements:
Canada Open Work Permit is also accessible via the Post-Graduation Work Permit scheme for global students. To be qualified for Canada Open Work Permit the overseas students must fulfill the requirements under Post-Graduation Work Permit Program.
Canada open work permit for spouse or common-law partner of overseas temporary employee will be approved if the applicants meet the following requirements.
- The main temporary overseas employee must work in Canada at management level or employment in either in expert occupation or technical or trained tradesperson. Main employee job should be level 0, A or B, as per the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
- Skill level requirement is not necessary for the main temporary overseas employee who was nominated for Canada Permanent Residence by the province.
- The main temporary overseas employee is allowed to work in Canada for a minimum of six months period.
Canada open work permit for spouse or common-law partner of overseas students or not as full-time students will be approved if the applicants meet the following requirements.
- Overseas student must engage in full-time diploma or degree-granting, publicly-funded post-secondary educational talent or.
- Overseas students have to be graduated and must hold a work permit for employment related to their studies.
Canada Open Work Permit Processing Time:
The Canada open work permit processing time is subjected to change and it mostly depends on the applicants’ profile. The Canada embassy checks the entire details present in the application prior to the approval of Canada open work permit.
Canada Open Work Permit Application Form:
Individuals who fulfill the necessary requirements can apply for the Canada open work permit by filling the application form carefully and submitting all the required documents for the work permit approval.