A subclass 485 visa is a Temporary Graduate visa provided by the Australian government to the international students those who are planning to stay back in the country to gain some work experience. The overseas students under this visa can stay back in the country up to a period of your years, depending on their granted work and qualification.
Australian Study Requirement:
This is for all the subclass 485 visa applicants they have to meet the study requirement before applying for the visa application. In order to meet the requirement the candidates must meet some requirements like.
- Should have been completed at least one degree or more, Diploma or trade qualifications as one of the courses which are awarded by any educational institution in Australia.
- These courses must have been got registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
- All these courses should have been successfully completed no less than 16 months.
- All these must be closely related to your nominated occupation.
- The studies that were undertaken must be only in English.
- Finally, all these must have been undertaken in Australia physically.
This Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485) has Mainly two Subdivisions:
- Graduate work stream: This is beneficial for the international students under skilled occupation List (SOL). Their skills and qualification must match the requirements of SOL. A visa under this stream is granted for 18 months.
- Post-study work Stream: This is for the overseas students who graduate from an Australian education provider with a higher education degree. Despite their field of study, this is only the students who applied were approved their first student visa to Australia. Depending on the applicant's qualification this visa is granted for up to 4 years.
This visa allows a temporary stay for the applicant and as well as their family members soon after their completion of studies while staying in the country they can work, travels or study.
- In order to be eligible for this visa, your designated occupation must be on the SOL.
- Should have a valid student visa since last six months.
- Should be under the age of 45.
- Should nominate the occupation which is closely related to your qualification and also skills of worth 50or 60 points on the current SOL.
- Should have been met the Australian study requirements in the last six months.
- Should check whether your skills determine your nominated occupation.
The duration of subclass 485 visa differs depending on your conditions of your stay. If you want to apply for the post-study stream then your visa is valid for 2 years or if you want to apply for the Graduate work stream then the validly is for 18 months etc.
Therefore, in order to work in Australia one has to fulfill the above- cited points and apply for subclass 485 visas.
If you are interested, please fill out our Enquiry Form, so that one of our visa expert will get back to you.