Quick Enquiry
Apply for Australia Skilled Regional Visa (Subclass 489) - Sponsored & Nominated

Australia Skilled Regional VisaAustralia or more popularly the ‘’kangaroo nation’’ is a much sought after immigration destination because of high rise buildings, beautiful attractions and interesting places of tourist interest. The Great Barrier Reef and the majestic Sydney Harbor are all located in Australia. The nation of Australia has a long standing history of immigrants coming here in order to live and work. Australia is a promising country for skilled workers. You can migrate to Australia for work if you are a skilled worker. 

Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 489)

This is the Australia skilled regional visa which allows skilled workers to live and work in certain specific areas in Australia. The subclass 489 visa has replaced the Regional Skilled Sponsored Subclass 475 and 487 visas. In order to apply for this Australia skilled visa, one must first lodge an EOI through Skill Select. Thereafter, he or she will receive an invitation to apply from the Department of Immigration of Australia.

For obtaining this visa, you need to be nominated by either a family member living in a designated area in Australia or by an Australian state or territory government. This work visa for Australia is valid for up to four years. It is a temporary type of visa for Australia immigration. 

Australia Skilled Regional Visa Requirements

In order to work in Australia, you should meet certain eligibility requirements. These criteria are mentioned below:-

  • Should be nominated by an Australian state or territory agency or sponsored by an eligible relative living in a specified area in Australia
  • Must have nominated an occupation that is part of the relevant skills occupation list
  • Should receive an appropriate skills assessment for the nominated occupation
  • Age should be less than 50 years
  • Should be proficient in the English language
  • Must meet the pass marks in the skilled migration points test which is at present 60 
  • Should meet the health and character requirements

This visa allows you to live, work and study in Australia for a period of four years. You can also travel in and out of Australia for as long your visa holds its validity.

If you want to apply this visa, fill out MoreVisas Enquiry Form, so one of our visa expert will get back to you.

Share your Comments
Please Login to view/submit Comments & Replys
Quick Enquiry
Chat Icon

Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

chat icon