Australia is well-known as the ‘Kangaroo Nation’ throughout the globe. It is a beautiful country with multicultural environment, a stable economy and widespread flora and fauna. The natural landscapes and panoramic beaches of Australia attract hordes of immigrants to Australia every year. The opportunities offered by this country in terms of study and employment makes it a destination where any individual would like to settle down.
You can immigrate to Australia to study in one of the world’s best education institutions or have better chances of employment or to just visit this country. If you wish to migrate to Australia for work, you have to first obtain Australian work visas in order to settle and work there. Enlisted below are ways on how you can obtain an Australian visa.
Different Categories of Australian Immigration Visas:
In order to settle in Australia you need fall under any of the three categories of visas which also allows you to work in Australia. These are as follows:-
- Australian Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
- Australian Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
- Australian Skilled Nominated or Sponsored (Provincial) visa (subclass 489)
1. Australian Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)
This is the major way for Australia Immigration. This is based upon points under various categories and is given to individuals who do not have sponsorship from employer, state or territory and family. You can live and work permanently anywhere in Australia with this visa and can include your dependent family members as well. It is permanent in nature.
Eligibility Requirements for this visa are:
- Must be over 18 and less than 50 years of age
- English proficiency
- Must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) with your said occupation falling under the Skilled Occupation List (SOL)
- Score at least a minimum of 60 points on the points test
2. Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
This is again a points-based visa which is handed to people nominated by an Australian state or territory. It allows a person to live and work anywhere in the country and eligible family members can be included under this visa category. For this visa, one must first submit an EOI through SkillSelect after which an invitation to apply will be sent. You must apply for this visa for Australia Immigration within 60 days of receiving the invitation.
Apart from the above stated criteria, you are also required to fulfill the following:-
- Your skills must be assessed by a qualified assessing authority
- Should meet the health and character requirement
All other factors related to age, English competency and the score on the points test remain the same as in the Australia Skilled Independent visa.
3. Skilled Nominated or Sponsored (Provincial) Visa (Subclass 489)
A points-based visa which allows you to be nominated by an Australian state or territory or by a family member who is already living there, this holds validity for a period of four years. You can live and work in a specified Australian region during this period.
Without much delay, apply an Australian visa today which allows you to settle and work in Australia!