The Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) launched the Express Entry Scheme on 1 January, 2015 as a faster means of Canada Immigration. This new electronic system of managing applications has proved to be a source of great value as under this program, Canada Permanent Residence is possible under certain economic immigration programs. Potential applicants can now fill in the form online at anytime without fear of the deadline or caps on the number of applications. A candidate who gets accepted into the Express Entry pool can receive an Invitation to apply for Canada PR. This has to be done within a period of 60 days from the time of submission of the complete online application for the same.
The various economic immigration programs that fall under the Canada Express Entry are given below for which applications are managed:
- The Federal Skilled Worker Program
- The Federal Skilled Trades Program
- The Canadian Experience Class and
- A Portion of the Provincial Nominee Program
Draws for inviting the eligible candidates will take place regularly over the course of a year. Only the top ranking candidates will be accepted into the Express Entry Pool. Their selection will be based upon the number of points each candidate scores under the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). Till date, four rounds of invitations have already been sent under the Express Entry Scheme.
Following is the detail of the Express Entry draw that has so far been successfully completed since its launch:-
- The first round took place on 31 January, 2015 in which 779 Invitations to Apply (ITAs) who scored 886 CRS points were selected.
- The second round saw the same number of invitations being sent to apply and the eligible candidates were required to score a minimum of 818 points. This draw was held on 7 February, 2015.
- Round 3 of the draws which took place soon after on 20 February, 2015 witnesses CIC issuing 849 ITAs. These candidates had to score at least 808 CRS points.
- The fourth and final round of the draws so far happened on 27 February, 2015. A thing to be noted here was the rise in the number of ITAs being sent which was 1187. The CRS score remarkably came down to 735 points.
Immigration to Canada is thus, easier now with the Canada Express Entry. The draws so far have shown a good response and hold a promising future for potential candidates willing to migrate to Canada.
If you are interested to apply Canada Express Entry, fill out our Enquiry Form,