Based on the 2015 census, people of Indian origin is 3.8% of the total Canadian population.
Reasons for popularity of Canada
For the past 150 years ago it is easier for Indians to reach Canada and lead a good life there. The reason of recent increase in immigration is the strict rules regarding the US H1B visas.
Currently, India is suffering from economic problems and has an increasing population. This is an impediment for a common man to improve the quality of life beyond a certain stage. Canada provides all the facilities for improving the quality of life. There is privacy, a world-class education system, plenty of resources, a low crime rate, tension free life and independence here. Furthermore, there are several opportunities for the growth of many professions. Also Canada has a lenient immigration policy.
Canada serves its own interests and concentrates on their welfare. It has certain requirements for granting a visa. The applicants have to meet these requirements.
The easy way of migrating
Having the sponsorship of a person (mostly a close relative) is the easiest way to migrate to Canada. As a Canadian citizen, this relative has a right to be with a close family member and this allows the sponsorship. Prove your dependency on such relative living in Canada and he/she can provide you shelter and financial support.
The other way
The next way is applying under the Express Entry System. Indians are talented, driven, professionals and hard-working, and also form a big community after availing the benefits of the Express Entry system. This program was launched in January 2015 and offers an easy and the fast way to seek Permanent Residency in Canada. There are steps to achieve success in it.
- Qualify under the point’s grid
- Submit an online application to get consideration for the Express Entry draw.
- After submitting the application, the provincial authorities/governments see these applications and directly invite you to arrive in Canada.
- After filing the application you are in the pool. It is from here that you can obtain an Invitation to Apply through the Express Entry draws after a random selection of candidates.
- This is the Invitation to apply from one of the provinces. After receiving the ITA, act on it in the next 60 days.
The eligibility norms for Canadian immigration
The eligibility norms depend on the category you apply. If you intend to work in Canada, qualifying and proving your eligibility to move to the country is important.
Take care of these issues to obtain the permanent residency status in Canada:
Establishing language proficiency:
Appear for the IELTS exam after a careful plan to study, work/live in the country where English is a prominent language.
Collect your documents:
In case of submission of incomplete documents rejection of application may happen. Another consequence is delay. Ensure to have all the documents (degrees, marriage certificate, birth certificate, recommendation letter of an employer, proof of identity, passport and documents) as recommended by the consultancy firm.
Work Closely with an immigration agency:
It is good to be optimistic and confident but there are many things that can go wrong. Meet an immigration expert and get support in the immigration process.
Have sufficient funds:
After reaching Canada you have to sustain yourself.
The verification records:
Like the Medical check-up and police verification are required.
Go through pre-assessment:
Find a proper category to migrate to Canada. Also follow the instructions closely.
General documents required to migrate to Canada from India are:
- Educational certificates degrees and diplomas
- Record of Medical check-up
- Record of Police verification
- A set of photographs.
- Bank statement showing the evidence of funds
- Documents related to Work experience
- IELTS results to show your English proficiency
Importance of CRS points/ IELTS
IELTS examination and the performance in Comprehensive Ranking System are inter-related.
The CRS gives a rank in the Express Entry System to the appearing skilled candidates. Depending on the points a name is added to the express pool. You receive the ITA from this pool.
Through the Express Entry system you can get in Canada, within six months. Other modes of migrating can take a period of 12-24 months. Also there are 1200 points in the CRS. The distribution is as follows:
- Human capital factors like Age
- (With a spouse/common-law partner you get 100 points) Without them you get 110
- Level of education 140 – 150 points
- Language proficiency 150 - 160points
- Work experience in Canada 70-80 points
- Spouse/common-law partner factors get10 points for a Level of education:
- Language proficiency fetches 20 points
- Work experience in Canada: 10 points
- Language proficiency attached with a post-secondary degree fetches 50 points
- Work experience in Canada attached with post-secondary degree fetches 50 points
- Foreign work experience
- A high CLB 7 coupled with overseas work experience gets 50 points
- Canadian work experience added with overseas work experience gets 50 points
- Language proficiency added with qualification certificate gets 50 points
- In case a Sibling lives in Canada as a citizen or PR a candidate gets 15 points
- A proficiency IN French language gets 30 points
- Arranged Canadian employment: 200 points
- Post-secondary Canadian education: 30 points
- Provincial nomination also gets 600 points
Details regarding the IELTS score
The IELTS assesses a candidate in four categories:
- Listening: 30 +10 minutes extra for transferring the answers to answer sheet.
- Reading: 60 minutes.
- Writing: 60 minutes.
- Speaking: 11 to 14 minutes.
There are two categories,
- IELTS Academic for testing English proficiency in academic and higher learning environment
- IELTS General Training for practical, daily English use.
- The level of writing, reading, and listening material varies as per the category you select for IELTS exam.
- There is no practice to give a break between assessments.
- The safest thing to do is to score minimum 7.0. Moreover, it has no maximum/minimum marks.
Knowing the importance of the IELTS
- When a candidate earns enough points in the points-based system nothing can stop him/her.
- On qualifying you get the Invitation to Apply from a province and you need to react within 60 days to move ahead.
- It takes 6 to 12 months normally from the time of application to the stage of arriving in Canada.
- A student visa is not easy, but it offers a fast way to reach Canada. All major and minor universities are looking for fresh and promising students. Additionally it is a good way for an ambitious student to opt for Canada. Indians can perform well while they study abroad, mainly in Canadian and UK universities.
- Moreover, there is an increase in the number of Indian students reaching Canada. Additionally, the government introduced a fast and simple visa processing system, for Indian students. The processing time for a visa here is just 45 days.
Chances of visa application rejection or delay
In case the document submission is factual a correct without any discrepancy there is no cause to worry regarding rejection of application.
Moreover, Canada allows the entry of talented, promising valid and eligible candidates into the country. This does not create any problems for citizens or for the government. The people receiving the right to migrate to Canada get in when they are beneficial to the country. Canada must grow and profit from them, and such immigrants must not become a burden for the exchequer.
The reasons of rejection of your visa application while trying to go to Canada?
- A Criminal record can be a cause for rejection. The government of Canada is against allowing persons into the country who disrespect the law.
- Having serious legal issues, is also a cause of application rejection.
- Not accumulating enough Comprehensive Ranking System points.
- Incomplete documentation- non submission of all the documents or any issue with the documents submitted, will lead to re submission of the documents or reapplying also.
- We have brought all the necessary information for the benefit of our patrons. They can seek our guidance and we will be happy to guide them further. Please contact us.
Please subscribe to MoreVisas
newsletters and blogs to update with the latest information about Visa and Immigration. Please take our free evaluation
to know whether you are suitable or not and our Immigration experts will help you to know further options available to you.