Effective 1 January 2015, Canadian government is following a new system termed as Express Entry for selecting skilled professionals who wish to immigrate to Canada. The new selection system is an expedited process and helps perspective candidates to immigrate to Canada easily. Express Entry system is devised by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to ensure that right candidates easily immigrate to Canada at a faster pace. This is the best opportunity for skilled professionals who desire to immigrate to this land of opportunities.
Who can Apply for Canada Express Entry?
In order to apply for Canada Express Entry, applicants must be eligible under any of the federal economic immigration programs such as:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Trade Worker Program
- Canada Experience Class
- Portion of provincial nomination programs
Apart from this, applicants need to abide by certain requirements such as:
- Register with Canada’s job bank or must hold a valid job offer
- Satisfy minimum language requirements
- Must obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA). The requirement is not necessary if you possess work experience in a skilled trade or have a year of recent Canadian work experience
- Qualify in comprehensive points base system
How to Apply for Canada Express Entry Process?
In order to apply for Express Entry, you need to create a profile on myCIC. And, applicants need to document their details such as:
- Valid passport
- Work experience
- Details of family members who is accompanying you
- Language test results
- Your National Occupational Classification job title and code
- Job offer
- Proof demonstrating provincial nomination
What if Selected?
If you were qualified, then you will receive an invitation to apply for permanent residency. Applicants need to submit an application within 60 days from the date of invitation. Express Entry profile will be valid for one year from the date of submitting their profile.
For more assistance about Canada Express Entry, fill out our Enquiry Form, so one of our visa expert will get back to you.