Quick Enquiry

Post-Graduation Work Permit in CanadaCanada is one of the best places to immigrate for the purpose of studies. Many people after gaining an educational qualification in Canada opt for an experience in working in this wonderful country of Canada. In order to work in Canada after the completion of your graduation from a Canadian university, you should obtain a post graduation work permit which allows you to work in Canada for a maximum of three years.

Am I Eligible for Post Graduation Work Permit?

Depending upon the duration of your study in Canada (more than eight months), you can be eligible for post graduation work permit as given below:-

  • Less than two years but more than eight months- The exact time of your studies will confer you with the same time duration of work permit. For example, if you studied for nine months, a work permit for the said duration will be issued to you. 
  • Two or more years- A maximum of three years of work permit will be offered.

When to Apply?

Once you receive your final marks, you should apply for Canada work permit within 90 days. Even on receipt of a formal written notification of graduation from the institution where you studies, you can apply for a work permit.

Required Documents:

  • Photocopies of pages from the passport
  • Transcript from the educational institution
  • A letter from the institution confirming you are eligible for post graduation work permit
  • Formal written notification of graduation

Working Holiday Visa:

If you are a working holiday visa holder and wish to apply for a work permit extension in Canada, you can do so either by extending your work stay or by getting a job offer from a Canadian employer. In the latter case, if you have already worked for this employer, you have the options of staying in Canada or apply for an extension of work permit. Alternately, you can go back to your home nation and apply for this visa under Young Professionals program. 

What should I opt for: Work permit extension in Canada/ Young Professionals Program?

Work Permit Extension in Canada- For this, you require HRSDC confirmation, along with Labor Market Opinion. You have to get the LMO’s approval even before you start the application process. Once it is proved that no Canadian can be accepted to this position, the entire visa process takes about four months to process. 

Young Professional Program- This is applicable if you belong to Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia or Spain. Under this program, you can get valid job offer letter from your employer and fulfill the other working holiday visa conditions, then you only need to apply for another one-year work permit under this program. This would not need an LMO and processing time would vary between 4 to 8 weeks. The only other criterion to be met is to return to your home country.

Documents Needed for:-

Work Permit Extension:

  • Valid job offer letter from the employer
  • Photocopy of HRSDC confirmation
  • Proof of identity in the form of a Passport photocopy
  • Proof of Current status in Canada by providing visa photocopy 

Young Professional Scheme:

You need to possess certain documents in addition to the eligibility requirements:-

  • Age between 18 and 35 years
  • Either a Czech, Spanish, Polish or Slovakian national
  • No criminal record and many more 

To know more about Canada Post-Graduation work permit, fill out our Enquiry Form, so our visa execuitve will get back to you.

Share your Comments
Please Login to view/submit Comments & Replys
Quick Enquiry
Chat Icon

Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

chat icon