The United States is a beautiful and vast nation which attracts many immigrants every year. Some are allured to come here for study purpose while some others wish to arrive in this country for the sake of working. Apart from the various benefits that one gets on living in this country, one can be a part of this wonderful nation. Apply for a USA work visa if you wish to work in this amazing country. There are a plethora of work visas for the US such as-B1/B2, H1B, H2B and L-1 visas.
What is L-1 Visa?
The L-1 visa for US is a non-immigrant type of visa which permits companies functional both in the US and abroad to transfer certain classes of employee from its international operations to US operations. There are two types of L-1 visas:-
- L 1A- Managers and Executives
- L 1B- Specialized Knowledge
US L-1 Visa Process
- The foreigner must be employed by the employer overseas for a 12 month period continuously in the past three years in the role of a manager, an executive or a as a specialized knowledge capacity
- One should determine that L-1 visa is the right category of visa
- There are two US L-1 visa types as stated above
- The qualifying organization applies for the visa petition. This visa can be used for opening new office in the US
- Next, for visa petition approval, certain requirements must be met
US L-1 Visa Requirements
Both the petitioner as well as the employee needs to meet certain US L-1 visa eligibility criteria in order to secure the US immigration L-1 visa. These are listed below:-
- A valid relationship should exist between the business entity in the US and the international company which employs the foreigner abroad
- During the L-1 visa holder’s stay in the US, the petitioner must be doing business as an employer in the country and with at least another nation either directly or through a qualifying organization
- The foreign national must have been employed for one year continuously in the past three years since his/her admission to the US
- He/she should be directly employed and within the payrolls of the qualifying organization
- The foreign citizen must have been employed in a managerial, executive or specialized knowledge capacity
The US L-1 visa duration lasts for up to a maximum of seven years in case of L-1A visa and five years for L-1B visa. However, it should not exceed three years at a time per admission.
If you are willing to apply this visa, fill out our Enquiry Form, so one of our visa expert will approach you soon.