The critical skilled visa is for those overseas and prospective candidates who are wishing to live and work in South Africa. This may be fine and great news that this Critical skilled visa saw a forward thinking way by the department of Home Affairs to draw the attention of much-needed skills to South Africa and also improve the visa and permit application process.
What is the Critical Skilled Visa?
The critical skilled visa is a working visa for the candidates who are interested in working in this country. This visa is generally based on a critical skills list issued by the Department of Labour of South Africa. If your selected occupation is recognized on this list it means that you hold a skill set that is limited in this country and is efficiently required and is in demand and, therefore, you can qualify for this visa.
Focal Points of the Critical Skilled Visa Include:
- Can get a work visa exclusive of a job offer.
- Little pressures on employers.
- Agreements with the qualified bodies’ definite to the particular profession
- Can come in and reside in South Africa for 12 months to hire a position.
- No limits in terms of the numbers in each listed occupation.
- Quicker turnaround times due to no recommendations in the department of labour.
- Can be lead to the doorway to permanent residence right away as well an immediate 5-year working visa
- Qualification needed for a critical skilled visa is a post graduate (Ph.D) study in South Africa.
Both Temporary and Permanent Residence Options:
- A temporary critical skilled visa is granted for five years. After 5 years, you can then apply for permanent residence.
- If the candidates previously have a 5 years experience in their professions then they can immediately apply for permanent residence.
What are the Key Criteria for a Critical Skilled Visa?
In order to gain this visa, there are few criteria required based on the candidate’s educational background and then on jobs within these educational areas.
You can find the right job for you and you can move between employers. This visa gives the candidate 12 months of time to search a job prior to the visa expiration. This also permits you more time to inhabit and finally to find an employer that best suit you. Not to mention, when compared to the general work visa, this visa does not bind you to a specific employer. So the candidate can shift the job if they do not like the company or if you get are proposed a superior position.
If you are interested in migrating to South Africa, please fill out our Enquiry Form, so that one of our visa expert will get back to you.