Have you completed your studies in Australia? Planning to stay back to gain some work experience. Yes, you can now it’s possible with a Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485). The Australian government issued a new visa for those graduates those who want to stay more in Australia. These visa holders can stay up for a period of your years, relying on their qualification and granted work.
The Skilled Graduate Visa subclass 485 is now renamed as Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485). This visa subclass 485 has mainly two subdivisions.
- Graduate work stream: Beneficial for overseas students under skilled occupation List (SOL). Their skills and qualification must match the requirements of SOL.
- Post-study work Stream: This is advisable for international students with a bachelor, master or doctoral degree from an Australian educational institution irrespective of their area of course.
The Common Criteria to Apply Temporary Graduate Visa:
- There are no specific restrictions under the subclass 485 visa, any graduate can be eligible, does not restrict the type of work, and no limit for the number of hours you work.
- There is no specific requirement for employer sponsorship, but the individual him/herself is responsible for acquiring their own employment if they are willing to work in the country.
- A minimum qualification with Bachelor degree or any master degree with English speaking potency.
The Basic Visa Requirements:
- Should be living in Australia.
- Should be under the age of 50.
- Should hold an eligible student visa since last six months.
- Should possess a health insurance, which will be useful during the period of your stay in Australia and also during visa processing.
- A complete medical examination.
The Duration and Conditions:
Depending on your circumstances the duration of subclass 485 visa differs. After the visa is legalized, if you are applying for the Graduate work stream, then the validity period is for 18 months or if you apply for the Post-study stream, then your visa is valid for 2 years once you complete your Bachelors or master. If you complete masters with Research then it is 3 years and if you finish your Doctorate then it is valid for 4 years.
So, in order to apply for a temporary Graduate visa one has to fulfill the above- cited points, to work in Australia.
If you are interested, fill out our Enquiry Form so one of our visa expert will get back you.