Quick Enquiry

Hong Kong immigrationHong Kong has a very liberal and open immigration policy. Nationals of about 170 countries and territories are allowed totally visa-free visits to Hong Kong for periods ranging upto 180 days. Professionals and businessmen are welcome to work and invest in Hong Kong. While every effort is made to facilitate the entry of visitors and those who are thought to contribute to Hong Kong’s development and prosperity, immigration controls are designed and operated to prevent the entry of undesirable persons. Every visitor to Hong Kong must have adequate funds for the visit and an onward booking. Persons applying for permission to live, work or study in Hong Kong are required to obtain visas or entry permits before arrival.

Overseas professionals who possess special skills, knowledge or experience of value to and not readily available in Hong Kong, or who are in a position to make substantial contributions to the economy, may apply to work here under the General Employment Policy (GEP).  Applicants must have a confirmed offer of employment with documentation to prove this. In 2012, 28,625 overseas professionals were admitted into Hong Kong.

The Quality Migrants Scheme operates through a points system, it is in place to encourage highly skilled and talented professionals to settle in Hong Kong to enhance the global market and meet manpower needs in their chosen area for migration. Under this scheme you do not need to provide evidence of any job offers prior to migration.

The Capital Investment Entry Scheme, which began in 2003, is for people who wish to invest in a Honk Kong business but have no engagement in running any businesses here. Entrants under this scheme are allowed to make their choice of investment opportunities without the need to establish or join in a business. The threshold under this scheme has been raised to $10 million in 2010 from the previous $6.5 million.

An immigration scheme for non local graduates was launched in 2008 to complement the policy ‘Developing Hong Kong as an Education Hub’. To enrol in this scheme you need to have a degree or higher qualification, you may be able to apply under this to stay and work in Hong Kong during an extra 12 months stay.

You are able to bring with you any spouse and dependant children, under the age of 18, providing you can show you have the means to financially support those persons for the entire duration of your stay, this can be in the form of bank statements, assets or a proven job offer.

Share your Comments
Please Login to view/submit Comments & Replys
Quick Enquiry
Chat Icon

Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

chat icon