Henley & Partners Citizenship rankings reveal that the United Kingdom is not ranked in the top 10 most powerful passports. It lost its position to two countries which have relaxed visa rules.
The Britons can travel to 175 countries and the US nationals can travel to 174 countries without any visa requirement. Afghanistan’s passport is the least influential passport as it allows the citizens to travel to only 25 countries.
According to Henley & Partners, “Generally, there was significant movement across the board with only 21 of the 199 countries listed remaining in the same rank,”
“No country, however, dropped more than three positions, indicating that overall, visa-free access is improving around the world.”
The list of world’s most influential passports is given below –
- Germany – 177 countries can be visited without visa
- Sweden – 176
- Finland, France, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom – 175
- Belgium, Denmark, Netherlands, United States, – 174
- Austria, Japan, Singapore, – 173
- Canada, Ireland (Republic of), Korea (Republic of, South), Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Switzerland, – 172
- Greece, New Zealand, – 171
- Australia, – 169
- Malta, – 168
- Hungary, Czech Republic, Iceland – 167
The list of world’s least influential passports is given below
- Afghanistan, – can visit 25 nations without a visa
- Pakistan, 29
- Iraq, 30
- Somalia, 31
- Syria, 32
- Libya, 36
- Eritrea, Ethiopia, Iran, Nepal, Palestinian Territory, Sudan, 37
- Kosovo, South Sudan, Yemen, 38
- Bangladesh, Congo (Democratic Republic of), Lebanon, Sri Lanka, 39Burundi, Korea (Democratic People’s Republic of, North), Myanmar, 42.
If you want to apply, please fill out our Enquiry Form, so that one of our visa expert will get back to you.