Australia is the best destination for immigrants; the Australian government introduced Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189) for those who want to migrate to Australia permanently. This points-based visa is for skilled workers, who don’t have any sponsorship from an employer, or family members, or nomination by a state or territory.
The selection of Skilled Independent visa completely depends on your work experience, talent, and your profile score.
Requirements for Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189)
- You should be below 45 years
- Your score should be at least 60 on the points test
- Fulfill the language requirements
- Select an occupation on the skilled occupation list
- Should need positive skill assessment
- Should Submit an Expression of Interest
- Should meet health and character requirements.
Benefits of Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189)
- Access to entire job market of Australia
- Earn salary as per country’s labor market standards
- Dependents can apply along
- The study, Work and live in the country
- Eligible to apply for Australian citizenship
- Sponsor family members for temporary or permanent residence
- Eligible to get the health services
- You also get social security benefits.
How to apply for Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189)?
First, you need to select an occupation from skilled occupation list (SOL), and then apply Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect with details of your nominated occupation.
If your application is selected, you will get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Skilled Independent Visa. Apply for a visa within 60 days of receiving ITA.