The beautiful and prosperous country of Hong Kong is a famous destination that immigrants most often choose to relocate. This is because of the safe and secure surroundings with less crime rate, the friendly people who make you feel at home and the attractive tourist spots located in this country. Hong Kong has a lot of good and reputed schools, colleges and universities where students from abroad come every year to learn from its state-of-the-art technology. The lucrative employment opportunities drive people to this great nation as well. If you are a highly skilled or talented person seeking for Hong Kong immigration, you can gain entry into the country by applying for a Hong Kong Quality Migrant Program.
Hong Kong Quality Migrant Program:
This program is an entrant scheme and is based on quota. It is especially for highly skilled and talented individuals who wish to enter and live in Hong Kong but don’t have the rights to do so. If given the rights to live there, they contribute to the country’s economy. Such applicants are not required to hold an offer letter from an employer. There are two methods which are points-based in this system-General Points Test and Achievement Points Test.
Hong Kong Immigration Requirements:
While applying for Hong Kong QMAS, all applicants must see that they fulfill certain prerequisites as mentioned below:-
- Age must be over 18 years
- Should have enough funds to support himself/herself financially as well their dependants during the entire stay duration
- Should bear a good, moral character
- Must be proficient in either the Chinese or English languages
- Should have basic educational qualification
Hong Kong Immigration Process:
As stated earlier, the two-fold means of getting entry into Hong Kong is based on points. Both these ways are mentioned below as follows:-
1. General Points Test (Must get a total of 80 points minimum out of 165 points)
- Age- Maximum 30 points
- Professional or academic qualifications- Maximum 45 points can be secured under this category
- Work experience- A total of 50 points can be obtained
- Language skills-20 points overall can be acquired
- Family background-Also 20 points can be awarded here
2. Achievement Points Test (165 points)
This is a category which bestows points to talented persons. There are two factors out of which an applicant must score 165 points under one of them, failing which his or her visa will be rejected outright. Points may be awarded under the following heads:-
- If the applicant has received an award of highly exceptional worth like Nobel Prize, Olympic Medals or International/ National awards
- If the applicant is a recipient of a Lifetime Achievement Award in his or her area of expertise and can demonstrate that their work has been recognized by peers and has furthered the cause of his or her field
If you want to migrate to Hong Kong with this scheme, approach MoreVisas by filling our Enquiry Form.