The Skilled Nominated Provisional Visa of subclass 489 allows the international skilled workers to live and work in the Australia permanently. This is a point-based visa which is valid for four years and generally allows the skilled workers who are nominated by a state or territory. Additionally this visa leads to the permanent residence and eligible family members can also be included in the application.
In order to apply or submit a valid application for this Skilled Nominated Provisional visa the candidate needs to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through a program called SkillSelect which is introduced by the Department of Immigration, Australia to make the skilled provisional visa process simple. Once you got selected through this SkillSelect you are invited to apply for visa 489 and you need to lodge your application within 60 days
Skilled Nominated Provisional Visa Criteria:
In order to qualify for this skilled nominated provisional visa, you need to
- Should be able to meet the required pass mark in the points test the minimum score required is 60 points.
- Should lodge an EOI for getting invited.
- Should be between the age of 18 and 49.
- Should have a sponsor who is a relative who is nominated by a state or territory government and should reside in the designated area.
- Should have minimum proficiency in the English language.
- Should pass the Skills Assessments in a job on the relevant skilled occupation list.
- Should meet the health and character requirements.
Once you got an invitation to apply for this visa, then you will have 60 days time to submit your application and you will receive a letter that explains you the process. The application that you will send should follow the same information that is provided in your EOI and should also contain the appropriate proofs.
Advantages of the Visa:
- Under this visa, the applicant and their dependents can temporarily work in the country in a designated area
- The applicant can also pursue their studies in the country
- You can also have the benefit of travelling in and out of the country until your visa is valid
- You can also apply for the permanent residence through the Skilled Regional Residence visa of (subclass 887) after meeting certain conditions.
Processing of the Application:
The processing of the Skilled Nominated Provisional visa is based on 3 stages:
- Stage 1: The 1st stage of the process mainly involves the completion of Skills assessment which is empowered by the DIBP to analyze whether your level of skill chosen meets the occupation list.
- Stage 2: After getting a positive skills assessment now you need to submit an EOI through SkillSelect.
- Stage 3: Once got through the process of SkillSelect, you will be issued an Invitation to Apply (ITA), now you can submit your complete application to Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) for its approval. And finally you are granted a visa.
If you are interested, please fill out our Enquiry Form, so that one of our visa expert will get back to you.