The US Immigration has introduced the US H1B visa which is often known as work visa to USA is a non-immigrant visa which allows the employers in the US companies to employ foreign skilled workers in certain occupations which require expertise in specific fields.
Applying for US H1B visa from India is generally quicker than applying for a green card. This visa is popular for the companies in the US who wishes to bring the staff from foreign countries for long term assignment.
This visa is required if you are going to the United States on a pre arranged professional job. The foreign skilled workers to qualify must hold a bachelor’s or an equivalent degree in the specific specialty in the employment.
USCIS will determine the US H1b visa eligibility if the foreign skilled worker is eligible or not for the specific job. The employer of the skilled worker must file a labor condition application with the department of labor concerning the terms and conditions of the contract with you.
US H1B Visa Process:
For the non immigrant applicants seeking for visa, must go through the non immigrant list and choose a visa which is appropriate. Each visa explains the qualifications and requirements.
Applicants must also review the visa waiver program, in order to check if your country participates in it.
The applicants after choosing the perfect non immigrant visa must complete the electronic application form. The information filled in the application form must be correct and accurate.
After filling and updating all the formal information, the applicant must schedule a visa appointment with the Embassy. The applicant must schedule for two appointments
- Visa application center
- Visa interview at the consulate or embassy
The applicant must visit one of the five visa application center to give their biometric and photos. This should be at least a day before the appointment in the consulate.
For visa application center appointment the applicant must carry
- Appointment conformation page
- DS – 160 conformation page
- Valid passport with dates fixed to travel USA
- Photographs as per US specifications
The applicant on the time of interview must carry
- Printed copy of the appointment letter
- DS-160 conformation page
- Current and old passports
- Supporting documents
- Receipt number printed on your approved I-129 petition
Supporting documents for US H1B Visa:
- Proof that establishes you job qualifications
- Original letters from current and previous employers stating your position and projects you worked on and duration
If you are currently working and holding a US H1B visa status, applicant should get
- Pay slips from present and recent place of employment
- Bank statements covering the preceding 12 months of employment
- Federal tax forms
- Applicant’s resume or CV
Non Immigrants who are willing to apply US H1B Visa for work in USA, have to fill out Our Enquiry form, so that one of our visa executive will appraoch you.