The United Kingdom is a popular destination for immigrants. People come here in huge numbers, driven by a desire to achieve personal goals and start with a new lease of life. Apart from a wide range of employment opportunities, this great nation has a lot of scope for international students who wish to pursue higher studies here.
UK Student Visa
As a foreign national, you are required to hold a UK Student Visa in order get enrolled in UK Overseas Education institutions of the country. However, it is essential that a student meets certain requirements for proving his or her eligibility.
UK Student Visa Requirements to get enrolled in UK Overseas Education
- Possess a valid passport
- Proof of admission letter from the concerned UK institution
- Must possess sufficient funds to support themselves during their stay in the country
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Documents to prove your educational qualifications like transcripts
- Health and character requirements must be met
- Evidence of consent of a parent or other legal guardian consent
UK scholarships for Indians
A number of schools, colleges and universities in the UK offer scholarships and grants to Indian students. Some of these scholarships have been mentioned below:-
- Goa Education Trust Scholarship – This trust was formed by the Dempo and Fomento group in conjugation with the British council. It was formed in 2009, especially for students in Goa to help them pursue a postgraduate study in the UK in any area of academic study, including journalism, ancient history, education and law.
- Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan – This is especially for students of commonwealth countries. Such students can make a significant contribution to their home country once their higher education in the UK is completed. This is an annual scholarship, which is given by the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission.
- Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships – CWIT enables Indian students to spend time in the UK and attain their academic, artistic and professional goals as well as broaden their foreign contacts.
- Hornby Scholarships – This trust supports the teaching of the English as a foreign language in collaboration with the British Council.
If you are willing to apply this visa, fill out MoreVisas Enquiry Form.