It’s a great opportunity for the overseas students those who want to pursue their higher studies in the USA. The government of USA has introduced a new program which allows the overseas students to work legally through the work-study program. This program permits these students to work with the American companies while graduating with a fully recognized university in the U.S.
Through this work-study program, the international students can work in the internship programs, for this they need to get enrolled in this program and they can also work for 40 hours per week till the validity period. This program is specially approved by the department of US immigration and regulation in the schools and colleges in order to issue the work permits for the international students for full-time and off-campus jobs since the beginning of their academic studies. The main advantage of this work-study program is the students are not required to wait until they finish their entire studies prior to employment.
This program is proposed mainly to provide the students with good practical work experience in their course related employment with the U.S companies and businesses. The overseas students those who get selected under this program paid internship employments are very much necessary.
The students under this program are required to take a total of 12 to 15 courses based on their registered work-study program. These students can study while working which is especially suitable for the adult students.
What is the use of This Work-Study Program?
This program provides part-time jobs for overseas undergraduates and graduate students with financial need, permitting them to earn money to assist pay education expenses. The program promotes work related to the student’s course of study and community service work.
A Quick Outline of Work-Study:
- It is accessible to full-time or part-time students.
- It provides part-time employment while the students are registered in school.
- It is available for all the undergraduate, graduate, and professional students with financial need.
- It is managed by schools taking part in the Work-Study Program.
- Employment available for overseas students.
- Can work during the day and can take classes in the evenings or on weekends.
- Service with both on and off campus corporations.
- Students are salaried regular "American" wages.
If you are interested to study in USA, please fill out our Enquiry Form, so that one of our visa expert will get back to you.